Superintendent Operations Refinery
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Superintendent Operations Refinery to lead and coordinate all operational functions and performances for an operational area while maintaining Ambatovy’s core values of Safety, Respect, Integrity, Responsibility & Excellence.The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role
The Superintendent Operations Refinery is critical to the success of Ambatovy by ensuring production targets are met, costs are kept under control and business risk are managed on a consistent basis. The Responsibilities
- Provide direction and supervision for the plant operating units, to safely meet production and product quality targets set by Management.
- Execute safe work plans, ensuring appropriate tools, training, and resources are available to operations personnel.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures are adhered to and incidents are attended to and managed in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement best practices for operation work procedures and methods.
- Escalate issues that impact the safety of people and plant, achieving set production targets or significant delays to production schedules.
- Collaborate closely and maintain open communication with process technology, reliability, asset management, maintenance, and engineering staff to successfully execute programs for continuous improvement of plant performances.
- Collaborate closely with the site maintenance planning & execution personnel to ensure good communication and planning, such that the facilities are properly maintained to yield high equipment reliability and cost-effective execution of maintenance activities.
- Set-up an efficient collaboration/coordination with supporting departments (maintenance, reliability, Asset management etc.).
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and has responsibility for meeting the approved operating cost budget for the area of responsibility.
- Ensure all operating procedures, training documents, drawings, etc. are continuously updated to reflect current plant operation.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements to achieve and exceed reliable operation targets.
- Drive the team to provide timely and responsive initiatives to resolve issues impacting the production forecast.
- Manage the operational risk profile and collaborating with various parties to prioritize and mitigate identified risks.
- Build and develop a progression planning to transfer knowledge to local workforce.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of extractive metal processes, proficient in the operation and maintenance large scale plant operations.
- 12+ years of experience in complex chemical plants, including metallurgical, hydrometallurgy and pressure hydrometallurgy processes, particularly those that are being used at Ambatovy is required.
- 8 years of operations supervisory experience in above mentioned facilities, including several years at a management level.
- A strong understanding and commitment to Environment, Health and Safety systems and practices.
- A diverse operational background with a strong technical knowledge on the operation of various types of equipment and processes.
- Proven ability to manage changing priorities, budget management and measuring operating plant costs, performance, and efficiency.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.