Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced permit coordinator hydrogen & air separation who will be required to monitor, facilitate, coordinate, and deliver Safe Work Permits for buildings, plant assets or others equipment in order to achieve safe work execution.
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to monitor, facilitate, coordinate and deliver Safe Work Permits for buildings, plant assets or others equipment in order to achieve safe work execution.
- Understand, comply with and apply Company policies, practices and procedures.
- Approve permit requests, prepare work permits and approve control risk for a range of specific work where it is necessary to inform the permit acceptor on the risks and controls established.
- Review and ensure that work instructions/ risk assessments were completed by the permit acceptor / work crew.
- Facilitate delivery/ closing of Permits and certificates.
- Ensure that all documents related to the work permit are maintained according to the Work permit.
- Manage all permit locks and control the lock boxes at the permit office.
- Comply with all procedures related to Permit work procedures.
- Participate in incident and audits investigations as required by the Company.
- Monitor permit to work compliance through planned audits.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the work permit procedure by providing construction feedback.
- A secondary level education
- Training and competency passed for Operator level 5 in his area.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a complex industrial environment
- Hydrometallurgical experience is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and metallurgy
- Knowledge of mechanics is an asset.
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer especially with Microsoft office.
- Communication in English (oral and written)
- Communication in French/Malagasy (oral and written) is an asset Communication in French/Malagasy (oral and written) is an asset
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.