Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced lead operator hydrogen & air separation who will be required supports the shift operations team on a continuous roster pattern to achieve safe production. The lead operator assists the Shift Supervisor in the field and in the control room DCS operation covering both the hydrogen and air separation plants.
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to have thorough knowledge of all operating procedures for normal, emergency, start-up, and shutdown of the units. Assists the team to complete the daily routine activities and troubleshoots plant issues with the team and reports all incidents. In the absence of the Shift Supervisor, the Lead Operator may be required to cover the Shift Supervisor and lead the team.
- Read, record, compile, and document operational data by completing and maintaining forms, logs and reports.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise to operators and encourage crew members to solve the problem and provide solutions for improvement.
- Participate in and ensure that all Safety and Environment activities are completed as required.
- Participate and perform incident investigations and reviews as required by the Shift Supervisor.
- Safely prepare equipment for the maintenance in conformity with procedures and policies
- Continuously commit to enhance knowledge of the operation.
- 5 years' experience in a similar operation.
- Higher technical diploma (BAC+2)
- Experience in industrial/plant operations
- Demonstrate aptitude for supervision, planning, problem solving and decision making.
- knowledge of Hydrogen Generation and Air separation Process
- Able to work within a team with minimum supervision.
- Good problem resolution and conflict management skills
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Capable of promoting safe work habits and behaviours.
- Communication in English (oral and written)
- Communication in French (oral and written) is a plus
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.