Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced lead operator hydrogen & air separation who will be required to Coach, Supervise, and coordinate training needs to the operation team in his area.
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to provide direction to the Shift Lead Operators, Control Room Operators and Field Operators to ensure they meet the Safety, Production and Product Quality Targets set by the Plant Management team. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading the coordination of all daily activities in his area.
- Responsible the oversight of Operations activities and provides technical expertise.
- Lead daily production plan for his area in collaborations with his pears from upstream and downstream circuits to meet overall plant production targets.
- Supervise and Control work following Malagasy regulations and Ambatovy specifications.
- Accountable for the overall performance and administrative activities for his team.
- Leading and providing guidance to his/her organization.
- Work closely with Maintenance and support teams across Ambatovy to ensure safe, reliable production.
- Promote team spirit and ensure good communications is maintained with everyone.
- Ensure the Work Order Management process is followed in his area.
- Review defects and communicate at risk equipment for his area.
- Review daily issued Work requests and ensure they are properly prioritized.
- Develop work plans and organize the work of the crew to achieve optimum productivity, quality and efficiency.
- Organize and order equipment, spare parts, consumable and supplies as required.
- When possible Track and execute the planned work scheduled ensuring availability of the necessary materials and tools and manpower.
- Implement HS and safe working practices with strict adherence to internal policies and government regulations.
- Track and monitor departments KPI.
- Administration functions include submitting accident reports, backlog reports, timecards, Cost Control and administering Company policies.
- Develop training plan for his team with the long-term goal of promoting national employees.
- A secondary level education, with relevant industry qualifications
- 8 years' experience in operational role and 3 years exposure/experience in supervision
- Engineering degree and 3 years exposure/experience in supervision
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, train and coach a team.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Experienced in writing and reviewing procedures and policies.
- Able to provide strong leadership qualities with a focus on mentoring and developing personnel.
- Able to priorities activities and deal with changing priorities.
- A lateral and logical thinker to resolve problems in a proactive manner.
- A strong communicator in both oral and written forms, as the incumbent is required to work with all levels of the operations and management team.
- Computer literacy and experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to monitor, evaluate and manage schedule compliance.
- Fluent in English, Malagasy or/and French is a definite asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.