This is a great opportunity for an experienced, results-focused Mine Engineer professional.
Our client is a growth-oriented, gold mining and exploration company with a producing project called the Point Rousse Project and four exploration/development projects in Atlantic Canada including the Tilt Cove Property in Newfoundland. Our client is also developing its Goldboro project in Nova Scotia.
As the only pure play gold producer in Atlantic Canada, our client is turning the rock we live on into a growing and profitable resource. With a young and motivated workforce, innovative technology and the support of local suppliers, our client is investing in the people of Newfoundland & Labrador and giving back to the communities in which we operate - building a better future for all our stakeholders, from the ground up.
- Work with the Senior Manager Sustainability to ensure appropriate planning for health, safety, environment and community compliance and activities.
- Ensuring that all operations comply with Company Health and Safety requirements
- Responsible for long range mine planning for open pit mine(s)
- Assisting in overseeing day to day operations
- Assisting in permitting and regulatory compliance for existing and new projects
- Updates of Development, Rehabilitation and Closure Plans for government agencies
- Producing necessary reports and evaluations
- Responsible for yearly budget processes
- Other duties as required
- Formal Education, Certifications or Equivalents
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a Sr. Mine Engineer position or similar role. Professional Engineer designation and open pit experience preferred
- Demonstrate positive safety behaviour and safety leadership
- University Degree in Mining Engineering (Candidates with a combination of relevant experience/education will also be considered)
- Strong computer skills are required, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Surpac, and AutoCad
- Trouble shooting, problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while working under pressure in a fast-past environment
- Possess strong leadership and coaching skills
- Superior interpersonal, teamwork, and communication
This is a permanent full-time opportunity to commence immediately. The Senior Mine Engineer will be based out of Baie Verte, Newfoundland.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.