Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Superintendent Procurement who will be responsible for the operational procurement and inbound order expediting in a proactive manner to meet the needs of the business.
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Reporting to the Manager SCM Operations, the Superintendent Procurement will be responsible for developing the strategic and tactical sourcing plans for the procurement of goods to meet operations requirements and inventory agreements.
- Ensure compliance to the Project Procurement Policy, review and recommend changes to Management when required and ensure adequate communication to the Project departments
- Maintain awareness of market trends, conditions and changing technology for a world class organization
- Review, analyze and approve documents to award long term supply and consignment agreements
- Promote innovative ways of reducing the total acquisition cost and optimized the process
- Secure goods and services through acceptable procurement practices in a timely manner
- Manage the in-house freight forwarder contract on a day to day basis and participate in contract reviews and contract tendering activity
- Produce all necessary reporting, reports on organizational readiness, and prepare necessary presentations for senior management and operations organization
- Maintain communications between stake holders and ensure tools are in place to keep end users informed on all orders lead time and deliveries
- Participate in functional meetings as required to ensure clear understanding of the end users' requirements and flow down to vendors
- Develop vendor's performance reporting by expediting orders and approve payments from finance when required
- Develop procurement Policies and Purchasing strategies and Plans
- Monitor purchasing service operating budgets, develop and present Procurement forecasts
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in Business, supply chain management
- Excellent knowledge and exposure to Mining operational procurement
- Minimum 10 years of in-depth tactical, operational and strategic Supply Chain experience
- High level contract negotiations
- A strong understanding of Supply Chain International Procurement and Operational readiness
- Have worked and managed purchase order expediting
- A proven record of managing change, preferably in a developing country environment
- Previously work experience as an Expat in Developing country, Africa being an asset
- Must possess and demonstrate high ethical and professional standards and behavior (Company representation at all time)
- Superior interpersonal and verbal & written skills in both French and English
- Honest, rigorous, responsive and organized
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.