Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Development & Planning Team for their new Brisbane-based office to support their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Reporting to the Senior Specialist Medium Term Planning, the Technical Specialist MEC Planner will Maintains the Major Events Calendar (MEC) for LGO and contributes to the development of medium-term production plans into integrated LGO optimised plans (consistent with long term plans) to deliver long-term value from current and potential resources.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Maintains the Major Events Calendar to ensure co-ordination of activities deliver cost effective outcomes for production, project and maintenance activities.
- Contributes to the development and delivery of plans and priorities to ensure the long-term aspirations of LGO are achieved.
- Ensures delivery of all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets and KPIs
- Develops production plans (>2 years) including designs, models, schedules and forecasts
- Tertiary qualification in related Engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience in Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
- Postgraduate studies in related Engineering discipline (desirable)
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or equivalent (desirable).
- Advanced use of various company and departmental systems including SAP, Optimum, downtime reporting, Power BI, etc.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously under pressure.
Newcrest's commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.