Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for a General Supervisor Instrumentation Shift to plan, organize, control and lead continuous improves works and a broad range of programs, initiatives and issues for a cost effective, reliable maintenance service to the area.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The General Supervisor Instrumentation Shifts reports to the Plant Instrumentation Superintendent and will focus on key issues which impact planned work and the production plan by providing recommendation to drive change with the Superintendents support.
- Ensure all working practices comply with the Ambatovy HSE policies and procedures.
- Investigate Break in work activities to support the reliability team in defining route cause and provide recommendation on how the issue could be avoided or better recovered.
- Supports safe and efficient execution of Instrumentation maintenance in his area.
- Develop and implement best practices for maintenance work procedures and methods.
- Provides technical expertise to Area Instruments out with breakdown recovery.
- Oversight (plan, monitor, control) of critical Maintenance activities to ensure quality and performance.
- Participates in Maintenance weekly and shutdown work planning routines for his area, the elaboration and implementation of the preventative maintenance strategies.
- Manage and coordinate optimization projects including subcontractors if required.
- Review / Support of prestart process safety reviews.
- Technical Degree or Diploma in Instrumentation is required.
- Minimum 10 years of instrumentation breakdown experience 5 years Supervisory level.
- Proven experience in the following:
- Trouble shooting and Fault finding
- Profibus, PCS7, Siemens
- Interpret engineering drawings
- Rotating equipment maintenance
- Maintenance workflow process
- Event analysis methods e.g. RFCA, ICAM
- Good understanding of Instrumentation Maintenance, Electrical safety rules, Planning and Scheduling.
- Ability to critically analyses emergency work, determine prioritization.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage schedule compliance.
- Strong Technical and Product knowledge or HPAL equipment and worldwide suppliers.
- EAM software or similar ERP experience required.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Language skills: French and English are essential.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.