We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Superintendent Reliability - Asset Management to join a well-known, operational gold mine in Papua New Guinea on a fly in fly out basis, 15 days on, 13 days off.
Our client, Lihir Gold Limited is a publicly listed gold producer who operate one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea (PNG). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines. The operation 900kms North-East of Port Moresby, Niolam Island (Lihir Island) provides long term employment opportunities with its prospective open pit gold mine. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position.
As a leading Superintendent Reliability - Asset Management professional, you will have the opportunity to work on a technically challenging, complex and thoroughly rewarding large scale gold mining operation. You will have a minimum of 10 years Mechanical and or Electrical Asset Management and Reliability experience and be an exceptional hands-on leader and practitioner with strong people management capability across all areas of asset reliability. You will cover reliability modelling, asset life cycle planning/management and condition monitoring programs of the team. You will also ensure cost-effective asset reliability practices are implemented and executed across all plant operational areas at Lihir.
Additional strengths you will possess, include:
- Being a dynamic leader/change maker across AM - Reliability who can adapt and be able to make decisions proactively, set in place strategies for the reliability team and for equipment maintenance, condition monitoring and defect elimination.
- Being a departmental conduit leader across reliability AM. You will have the ability to bring managers together from operations to maintenance to ensure strategies are focused around production and managers understand their accountabilities as it relates to ensuring these strategies are implemented and results are achieved safety and within budget.
- Strong mentoring and coaching capability with a real passion in developing and supporting the reliability engineering team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualified degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering essential and/or Mechanical, Electrical or Asset Management Reliability certification.
- 10 years of Asset Management or Reliability exposure.
- Advanced use of various company & departmental systems including SAP, Optimum, downtime reporting, Power BI, CMMS and ERP systems.
- IEPNG accreditation (highly advantageous).
- Certificate in Training & Assessment or similar, desirable.
- Management/Leadership qualifications (desirable).
- Strong experience leading reliability teams focused on asset management for operational mine sites.
- Strong understanding of asset reliability and maintenance work-flow processes.
- High level of understanding and proficiency in root cause analysis.
- Ability to maintain and manage reliability modelling of an entire process plant.
- Experience facilitating workshops, and presentations relating to reliability and asset management.
- Proven ability in the development and implementation of departmental plans, changes and initiatives to achieve overall business goals.
- Competent in managing and maintaining condition monitoring programs, defect elimination systems and asset life-cycle plans.
- Competency in reviewing departmental financial data and results to assess performance and identify opportunities for maximising results and reducing risk and expenditure.
- Ability to manage and mentor a multi-cultural workforce, ensuring Supervisors are equipped to achieve day-to-day priorities and targets within their work groups.
- Approachable and practiced in providing feedback, coaching and formal training to engineer, where required.
- Strong understanding of mine site HSE requirements, responsibilities and obligations, with a dedication to HSE leadership.
- Actively interested in key market drivers and emerging trends in key areas of business insight such as the world economy, technology, competitors and cultural/political/legal factors associated with the Lihir operation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to foster strong, professional relationships in order to identify problems, resolve conflicts and implement solutions to improve efficiency/service delivery.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills, ensuring the capability to meet deadlines.
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Must be open to work FIFO in PNG
- Ability to provide/obtain valid police clearance
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world's largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain great exposure to new cutting-edge maintenance equipment and software systems enabling you to further develop your skills and experience. Enjoy a highly desirable 15:13 roster in a safe working environment. Lihir also offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.