The Chief Geologist will be responsible for Oversee mining and geology activities, ensuring safety and efficiency, review and update processes and goals across projects, create reports on budgets and costs, collect, analyze and model data and make recommendations. The position is based in Bucaramanga, Colombia with rotation 5x2.
Our client Sociedad Minera de Santander, Minesa, is a gold Mining company in feasibility stage located in Santander and has selected Globe 24-7 Inc. as a recruitment partner to successfully source the aforementioned position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
- Manage Resource Estimations and preparation of geological, geotechnical and hydrogeological models
- U/G Geology team leadership in all disciplines utilizing the latest technologies.
- Plan and supervise U/G Mapping, Sampling, infill drilling programs, core logging, sampling and QA/QC, sample storage (core, sample reject material, pulps)
- Manage surface exploration programs (mapping, sampling, geophysics, drilling)
- Manage survey requirements for the project
- Interaction with Legal Department considering concession integration programs and concession management. Managing contracts and budgets specific to the Geology Department
- Interaction with Metallurgical Department in the Selection of samples for metallurgical test work programs
- Involvement in providing geological information for ESIA, FS and other documents as required by the company. Presentations to board, government agencies and other entities as required.
As a successful candidate, it is essential that you possess the following skills, experience and competencies:
- Educational Background, Geology
- 10 years of experience in Underground mining
- Experience in Setup and managing a U/G Geology Department including Daily Operational issues, Personnel, Training, budgeting, Managing Contracts, Report writing.
- Geological modelling (Leapfrog, Vulcan) epithermal Au vein systems, project management (drilling programs and associated logging, sampling, QA/QC and interpretation), database management, resource estimation management, selecting samples for metallurgical test work U/G mapping and Sampling experience essential.
- Availability to reside in Bucaramanga/ Colombia
Our client will provide an attractive remuneration package. This role presents as an excellent opportunity for a Professional to further their career with a world-class mining organization.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your resume preferably in Word format.