Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is searching for a Superintendent Shutdown Planning to plan, monitor and control major outage Shutdowns across all disciplines (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, instrumentation, Automation and Refractory) within the process plant.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Superintendent Shutdown Planning will oversee the scope, budget, plan, schedule and coordination of the execution of shutdowns while ensuring expectations are met by all parties involved.
- Act as single point of accountability for the coordination among the areas associated with the shutdown work program and any additional work that arises including all pre- and post- shutdown activities.
- Development of quality work packs and ensure the schedule is reviewed and locked 3 months prior with key vendors input into the schedule.
- Management of Change's (MoC's) completed and the various phases of shut management compliant i.e. go/ no go.
- Establish improved processes and systems to ensure effective data collection and management, thus building a platform for enhanced shutdown performance management and benchmarking.
- Deliver final shutdown report on completion enabling learnings to be captured and improvements integrated into the next modular shutdown cycle.
- Build relations with key internal and external stakeholders and generate & implement a plan and schedule for the plant shutdowns that also identifies and delivers business improvement initiatives.
- Create / review the shutdown plan around areas such as health and safety, schedule, manpower productivity, quality and cost, with a view to identifying options for the drastic reduction in shut duration and frequency driver and the associated on-site manning requirements.
- Develop and report improvement opportunities to the asset management.
- Prepare and deliver a revised and detailed shutdown Planning plan that defines the organization, roles and responsibilities, scope, targets, contracting strategy and all critical activities
- Analyse critical path shutdown activities and ensure resources are allocated in the most efficient manner, finding maximum opportunities for off-site activity to occur ahead of each shut down.
- Develop shutdown project KPIs
- Estimate and budget the process for all shutdown activities.
- Ensure that the appropriate information systems are in place to allow daily review and follow up of all activities during the shutdown.
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken and communicated in accordance with agreed business objectives, standards and processes.
- Act as the custodian of all fixed plant and shutdown knowledge.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Preference is Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent.
- A Post-Graduate Qualification in Maintenance Management or Project Management would be desirable.
- Minimum 15 yrs experience within the resources industry; ideally with experience in Mineral / Refining / Chemical Processing and or oil & gas. Preferably last 5 years within a similar role at a management level.
- Demonstrated track record:
- Of success in the delivery of large scale projects, including turnarounds and shutdowns.
- Embracing and deploying technologies and innovations which have dramatically impacted safety, productivity and cost efficiency and sustaining capital and major maintenance campaigns.
- Significant operation maintenance experience, ability to think strategically about causes and effect.
- Previous roles must have had significant autonomy with a strong focus on HSE especially with the contractor workforces.
- Strength in leadership coupled with the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to drive change.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.