Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is seeking a Senior Project Engineer: Costs to lead the development of projects in the project "pipeline" from conceptual phase to the point of handover to project execution.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Senior Project Engineer: Costs is responsible for the and development of Capital Plant Projects such that the AFE can be confidently generated to secure funding.
- Assess the cost of, workforce, project's direct and indirect cost and costs for all materials, services and mobile equipment required for each project.
- Perform field visits to validate the cost estimate scope coverage and accuracy of information.
- Complete preliminary engineering depending on the complexity of the project.
- Ensure the quality of project files which will be present to capital committee.
- Contribute to the creation a site estimating database.
- Development of the following:
- Cost estimates & seek ways to improve on estimating accuracy and efficiency.
- Risk assessments for projects.
- Preliminary project schedules and Capital Project booklet.
- One-page project outlines for each project or edit those received from Project Initiator.
- An Engineering Degree (Bachelor's or Master's Degree) or equivalent is required.
- Project Management Certification is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an industrial environment within engineering (processing environment advantageous). Field and construction experience is beneficial.
- Experience in:
- Project design, procurement, engineering and estimating.
- Supplier engagement and development of scopes of work.
- Costs studies, project development and project execution.
- Brownfield Project management and/or Study Experience.
- Generating sound business cases for projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and working knowledge of written and spoken English.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.