Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting a well experienced Major Maintenance General Foreman who will be responsible for the planning and execution of major works (planned and unplanned), alterations and construction (mechanical, electrical, instrument and civil) across plant site, Port and Tailings.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Major Maintenance General Foreman will oversee the execution of major maintenance within the site.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation.
- Leading the coordination with internal departments, external vendors, contractors and other service groups.
- Accountable for the execution of major maintenance activities including the management of contracts, contractors and the coordination between contract groups to achieve the required maintenance outcomes.
- Development, planning, coordination and execution of major outages, including Pre and Post Turnaround reviews with the goal of ensuring that the maintenance activities have minimal impact on production schedules and throughput.
- Accountable for the monitoring of maintenance performance to ensure that standards of workmanship, quality and legislative requirements are met and maintained at the highest levels.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years-experience in industrial maintenance at a Supervisory level.
- Experience must include:
- Contract administration and development.
- Project management, reliability practices and maintenance.
- SMP (Structural, Mechanical, Piping).
- Cladding, sandblasting, insulation, refractory, painting.
- Prior experience in supervising a large maintenance team in an integrated industrial setting.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and working knowledge of written and spoken English.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.