Our Client is currently searching for a Financial Controller who can assure the successful management of operations projects, finance and accounting.
Our client is a well-known Mining Services Company with offices in Canada and abroad. Globe 24-7 has been selected to source the aforementioned position because of our expertise and market knowledge.
Acting as an integral part of the management team, this role also includes direct responsibility for the setup, supervision and management of all aspects of corporate accounting and internal and financial reporting for Canada.
As part of a team, you will also be expected to 'roll your sleeves up' and get into the details of the financial side of the business operation onsite. The position is based in North Bay, Ontario, Canada.
- Management of accounting team
- Preparation of monthly reporting & related analysis
- Management of Cash Flow Forecasting
- Provision of sound advice and recommendations for business decision making (Forecast, budget & capex)
- Assist the SVP in preparing the annual budget.
- Ensure compliance of internal control process in accordance with the Company procedures
- Supervise receivables and payables, and prepare cash flow forecast
- Participate in cost analyses and pricing
- Guarantee and control the delegation of authorities matrix
- Preparation of quarterly reporting package in IFRS for consolidation purpose at HQ level
- Manage the processing of payroll journals and accruals
- Supervise and manage all tax, legal and corporate matters
- Be the primary point of contact for banks relationship
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual audit files for external auditors
- Prepare annual audited financial statements
- Hands-on to increase the profit margin of the projects
- High Diploma/Degree in Accounting
- Certification: CA, CPA
- Knowledge of the Canadian Tax system
- Desirable: Experience in Accounting/ Consulting Firms
- Previous experience in the Natural Resources industry is desirable
- Experience working on projects at site
- Proven knowledge of IFRS, tax norms and legal issues
- ERP knowledge
- Fluent in English
- Spanish language abilities will be an asset
- Effective communications skills
- Sound and independent judgement skills
- Target and deadline driven
- High levels of integrity
- Availability to travel 20-30% of the time.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document