This is an opportunity for a senior Mechanical Engineer with advance command of Spanish and English, more than 10 years of general professional experience working with mining machines.
Our client is an equipment manufacturer with operations worldwide. They have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source the above-mentioned position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends, and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
The role of the Remanufacturing Manager is to assume responsibility for overseeing the productive, efficient and cost-effective operations of the component remanufacturing and repair facility.
- Ensure that defined KPIs for each activity are met.
- Preparation of a detailed monthly report which outlines all performance activities, relevant issues and other information as per requirements.
- Participates in construction of new workshop and ensures that all company specifications are adhered to.
- Ensures workflow efficiency through implementation of effective procedures and processes.
- Identifies issues with efficiencies and/or productivity and instigates action plans to rectify.
- Makes available access to OEM documentation, tooling and equipment in the remanufacturing process. Ensures that components are repaired and remanufactured to the published OEM standard.
- Meets forecasted and confirmed requirements of stock to be remanufactured and oversees the development of the corresponding production plan.
- Conducts weekly meetings with planning and production supervisors to review and address all technical, operational and planning issues.
- Achieves average component lifetimes and component lifetime variance for remanufactured components comparable to corresponding new components.
- Coordinates and provides regular analysis and reporting on the performance of the remanufacturing facility:
- Actual v budgeted manufacturing results.
- Productive vs. non-productive labor hours.
- Inventory shortages and their causes.
- Ensures timely completion of shop floor generated reporting to a high standard, including Component Analysis Reports, technical feedback to factories, and the completion of QC documentation.
- Develop, manage and prioritize strategic projects for the introduction of new components and remanufacturing technologies.
- Maintains and/or establishes agreements with suppliers and subcontractors for outsourced component repairs based on standard company policies.
- Actively participates in supplier and subcontractor selection processes for refurbishment activities and participates in subsequent pricing negotiations.
- Monitor performance KPI's of suppliers and subcontractors according to agreed terms.
- Initiates and manages improvements where required.
- Supports the development and implementation of a robust Quality Management System (QMS).
- Actively participates in the development of process, procedure and documentation underpinning the QMS.
- Ensures compliance to QMS procedures and relevant documentation.
Technical Skills & Experience
As the successful candidate, it is essential that you possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Mechanical Engineer, or electrical engineer with proven mechanical experience, bilingual (English - Spanish).
- Several years (+10 years) of experience with mining machines (HEX & OHT).
- Strong technical aptitude with prior experience in a remanufacturing environment.
- Fundamental knowledge of planning and ERP production systems.
- Ability to set up and manage large diverse teams, ease to communicate in verbal and written form.
- Cost awareness: strives to keep costs within budget and communicates status of cost development.
- Good understanding of the in country administrative organization and requirements.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
Pay & Rewards
The Company will provide an attractive remuneration package
To apply, please forward your CV, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.