Globe 24-7, in partnership with an important Canadian gold mine, is looking for an experienced Mine Technician for one of their underground operating mines.
The company is middle size mine gold producer located in northern Ontario and is committed to delivering low-cost production, advancing its exploration and development pipeline, and maintaining a large resource and reserve base of quality assets to foster future production growth.
We have a vacancy in the Engineering Department for the position of Mine Technician (Surveyor)
This position will oversee survey control points, manage data downloaded and upload into AutoCAD or other related programs.
- Update all AutoCAD level plans on an as needed basis.
- Provide reference tools for the mine department to operate effectively/accurately.
- Update and issue development-heading updates.
- Survey of production hole's toes and collars to support drill and blast design.
- Survey all diamond drill holes, service holes, others as requested.
- Cavity monitor surveys of all stopes, raises, or as required by engineering.
- Provide survey support to operations in both underground and surface locations.
- Track and report monthly advance of mine development and rehabilitation.
- Ore and concentrate stockpile measurement on a monthly basis, minimum.
- Perform routine check surveys to ensure precision and accuracy are maintained in all mine survey data and control points.
- Keep track of required survey equipment calibration and repairs.
- Complete all survey month-end calculations accurately and within a timely manner.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Survey/Engineering Technical Diploma (2 years or greater required) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in underground operating mine sites.
- Proficiency with AutoCad, Amine, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Reliable and self-managing.
- Willingness to relocate to Kirkland Lake or Timmins and work in a 5x2 rotation
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and will be discussed discretely with suitable candidates.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.