Globe 24-7, in partnership with an important Canadian gold mine, is looking for electricians, working in a residential role from Monday to Friday, in Northern Ontario.
The company is a well-known gold producer focussed on delivering a superior value and fostering sustainability within the mining industry.
Company's solid base of quality assets is complemented by district scale exploration potential, supported by a strong financial position with extensive management and operational skills & expertise.
We are currently working in partnership with gold mine to source an experienced and qualified Senior Metallurgist for their underground production. This is a site-based position located in northern Ontario; this is an opportunity to develop a gold mine with a strong and entrepreneurial team.
- Supervises and directs metallurgical staff
- Provides daily technical support to mill operations
- Develop and directs lab and plant test programs for improving mill performance
- Assist operations with implementation of new plan practices
- Prepares reports on departmental projects, consumables, metallurgical balances and production
- Participates in mill budgets with Mill Superintendent
- Interacts with mill operations and mill maintenance to maximize mill efficiencies in a safe and environmentally sensitive manner
- Provide daily technical support to troubleshoot and correct mill metallurgical problems
- Fill in for the Mill Superintendent and Mill General Foreman in their absence
- Provide input into process control system development, maintenance, and optimization
- Supervise and direct metallurgical departmental activities
- Has overall responsibility for mill metallurgical accounting including daily, monthly, and annual metal balances
- Has overall responsibility for refinery operation and metal production
- Responsible for monitoring gold shipments, assay exchange and refinery settlements
- Interact with geology, mine planning, and ore control personnel to define metallurgical characteristics of ore reserves and to optimize throughput and recovery
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in gold mining, including 5 years in precious metals
- Detailed knowledge of all phases of gold processing including grinding and agitated leaching with cyanide, carbon absorption and regeneration, and refining
- Superior judgment and the ability to make good decisions are essential
- Must be able to identify the root problem, symptoms of a problem, and drive positive changes
- Proactive, forward-thinking individual who plans and anticipates, rather than reacts
- Strong verbal, written analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Attention to detail, a clear sense of priorities, and effective time management skills
- Ability to consistently exercise of discretion and judgment in job performance
- Significant experience in process plant management, particularly gold
- Tertiary qualification in Metallurgist, Engineer or Mineral Processing
- Project management & development skills
- Contract documentation skills
- Solid computer proficiency with MS Office suite
- Willingness to relocate to Kirkland Lake or Timmins
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and will be discussed discretely with suitable candidates.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.