Globe 24-7, in partnership with Bluestone Resources Inc., is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their Cerro Blanco Gold & Mita Geothermal Projects in Guatemala.
Bluestone Resources was created in 2017 with the purchase of the Cerro Blanco gold & Mita Geothermal projects. The Cerro Blanco gold project is a permitted, high-grade underground gold project located in Southeastern Guatemala. The Mita Geothermal project is an advanced-stage, renewable energy project licensed to produce up to 50 megawatts of power.
The Senior Manager, Sustainability will lead the strategies and plans for Bluestone Resources Inc. (BSR) & Entre Mares de Guatemala S.A. to achieve its mission of being a values-based company committed to investing in our people and local communities, operating in a safe and sustainable manner utilizing innovation and respecting our environment. This Manager will undertake proactive and strategic communications activities for promoting socioeconomic performance and stakeholder awareness of operational activities to advance sustainable development, ensuring strategies, tactical activities and management systems comply with the company's requirement (based on international standards of best practice in socioeconomic performance in compliance with Guatemalan rules, laws and regulations)
- Ensure meaningful and consistent presence in the area of Influence.
- In collaboration with municipal, regional and national stakeholders create and implement socioeconomic development plans for communities surrounding the operations to achieve the company's vision to be a catalyst for sustainable development.
- Ensure social investments are aligned with business drivers and achieve measurable outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain (Procurement and Contracts) and the Human Resources to identify and address obstacles for optimizing local recruitment, retention, promotion and procurement within the Area of Influence.
- Collaborate with other managers and leads to effectively develop and implement strategic communication of company's socioeconomic objectives and performance to external and internal audiences.
- Provide strategic leadership for identifying and managing socioeconomic risks and opportunities in the region, considering priority local, regional and national stakeholders.
- Direct the implementation of a social performance 5-year strategic plan, reporting progress, challenges and outcomes monthly to senior management
- Regularly collaborate with Environment to ensure a full understanding of the key environmental aspects of the project and operation are well understood and clearly considered in all sustainability planning.
- Responsibility to ensure company meets all its socioeconomic performance commitments in communities in the region.
- Provide leadership and support in the areas of safety, environment, and water management programs .
- Oversee compliance, reporting and permitting, including permit acquisition and compliance.
- Develop and ensure delivery of all environmental policies and practices
- 15 years of experience working in sustainable socioeconomic development with mining companies, oil and gas sector or similar industries.
- University Degree (master's Degree an asset) in Sustainable Development, Regional Economic Development, Community Planning, International Development or related field.
- Project Management Certificate Advisable.
- Strong understanding of project finance principle.
- Proven experience in sustainable socioeconomic development, social risk management, strategic social investment and proactive stakeholder engagement.
- At least 5 years of experience working in communities with similar socioeconomic conditions as Guatemala.
- Experience coaching and developing teams.
- Treats everyone with respect.
- Listens to everyone's opinion regardless of their level or position.
- Stays sharp and focused at work.
- Builds effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Anticipates issues, stays ahead of problems and identifies solutions.
- Adapts positively and effectively to a changing work environment.
- Works hard to meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Challenges assumptions about things that have been done in the past.
- Collaborates with other departments and shares information.
- Strong communication skills to discuss ideas openly, honestly and transparently.
- Language: Fluency in English and Spanish, written and spoken required.
- Willingness to travel as work requires.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and will be discussed discretely with suitable candidates.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.