Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting a Manager: Financial Planning & Analysis to be responsible for overseeing and managing all the external reporting requirements, including financial reporting, budgeting and planning.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Manager: Financial Planning & Analysis, will manage and lead a team of professionals that support the external financial reporting function.
- Manage all external financial reporting requirements, including but not limited to the following:
- Together with the Controller, manage communication with External Auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues, and coordinate preparation of the client assistance package as required by the External Auditors.
- Analyze and communicate the impact of new IFRS pronouncements and their impact on the company.
- Manage monthly and quarterly forecasts, including presentation and financial analysis of the forecasts.
- Manage all aspects of the budget, including the coordination of actual versus budget analysis, presentation of budget results and financial analysis of budgets.
- Preparation, presentation and reporting of long range plans.
- Together with Treasury and Controller, respond to queries from Senior Lenders and Shareholders regarding financial results, budgets or forecasts.
- Preparation of ad hoc presentations to Senior Lenders and Shareholders.
- Development of Finance Policies and Procedures as required.
- Participate in other projects as needed.
- Preferably Chartered Accountant with a University degree and more than 10 years in a similar position you will be able to bring your ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment, to multi-task under pressure.
- Your strong knowledge of IFRS, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and your strong leadership and management skills will be essential to be successful in that position.
- Solid experience of an ERP system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills: English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.