We are currently searching for a Senior Director, Resource Development who will be responsible for coordinating the compilation of annual resource and reserve estimates.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with our client, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their Technical Services Division out of their Toronto Corporate Office. Our client is a well-known North American based company with projects and operations throughout the Americas.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Technical Services, the Senior Director, Resource Development will be responsible for ensuring compliance to company resource and reserve Reporting Guidelines, as well as overseeing the resource and reserve modelling aspects within the company's projects and operations.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the Operating and Exploration Divisions, the compilation of the annual resource and reserve estimates ensuring that the appropriate level of rigour and quality control has been applied to the process.
- Lead the preparation of the NI 43-101 compliant technical reports for the operations and projects, soliciting input from the broader organization as necessary, and contracting and managing external consultants to assist with the preparation of the technical reports when required.
- Assume responsibility as the Qualified Person accepting overall responsibility for the company's Mineral Resource and/or Mineral Reserve estimate and supporting documentation, which may have been prepared in whole or in part by others, once satisfied that the other contributors are Qualified Persons with respect to the work for which they are taking responsibility and that such persons have provided adequate documentation.
- Establish a set of geoscience policies, standards and guidelines for resource and reserve estimation for use across the organization incorporating best practice identified within the company as well as recognized best practice from the broader mining and mineral processing industry.
- Provide expert advice to operations and projects, as well as support to the Business Development group when investigating acquisition or merger opportunities as it relates to resource development and estimating practices.
- Provide regular updates to the senior executive team on technical initiatives and operating issues identified within the operating divisions and projects as they relate to the geoscience discipline.
- Ensure that cross-functional and cross-operational technical issues relating to resource and reserve development are coordinated and managed appropriately and effectively.
- Oversee all discipline related technical development initiatives.
- 15+ years of project and operational experience in the gold mining industry, 10+ years in leadership roles.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a geoscience or mining discipline.
- Registered as a Qualified Person (QP) in Canada.
- Recognized as a technical expert with respect to gold reserve and resource evaluation, including a strong understanding of resource and reserve modelling techniques, geo-statistics and life-of-mine planning.
- Strong operational experience, advanced analysis skills and the ability to troubleshoot and facilitate problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with and influence all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Fluent in English, as well as Spanish or Portuguese, with understanding of all 3 languages. French proficiency considered an asset.
- Toronto based with availability to travel throughout the Americas on a regular basis.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and will be discussed discretely with suitable candidates.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.