Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is currently recruiting a well experienced Engineering Manager who will be responsible for providing focused engineering design and execution services to achieve world class asset management standards within the organization.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Engineering Manager is required to ensure production sustainability, daily maintenance engineering that must be provided in parallel with project engineering. The successful applicant leads a team of dedicated and talented engineering teams to solve and implement reliability solutions. Leads the Tailings Management Facility expansion project and engineering oversight.
- Be aware, understand, communicate and comply with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation.
- Focus department's efforts on improving plant reliability, reducing production downtime and long-term production sustainability.
- Ensure priorities are understood and responsibilities are clear, concentrating on eliminating safety and environmental problems in an effective manner.
- Ensure efficient change management by directing and managing teams to provide timely services while ensuring changes meet standards, practices and regulatory requirements and are documented appropriately.
- Develop and execute an engineering strategy to effectively focus onsite resources on priority projects and outsource where necessary to supplement engineering capacity or capability.
- Prepare annual operating budgets for the engineering department and support the preparation of capital budgets for the plant and mine.
- Establish clear department KPI's and monitor performance accordingly.
- Support an RCM Strategy through the reliability team for all of Ambatovy.
- Ensure the Tailings Management Facility integrity is maintained through an adequate monitoring program, that the Tailings deposition plan is adhered to and that the expansion projects are completed on time to ensure sufficient production storage capacity.
- Ensure the Geotechnical Tailings Review Board (GTRB) is managed appropriately to provide independent review and guidance for the mine and site.
- A professional Engineering Degree with at least 15 years of Technical or Operations Management experience in a Chemical or Metallurgical plant.
- Prior leadership experience in implementing engineering solutions in operations and maintenance of a similar plant or process.
- Demonstrated track record of training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Previous exposure to recruitment and supervision of a multi-national workforce in developing countries.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills: English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.