Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting a well experienced EI&C Plant Maintenance Manager to join their team and who will be responsible for directing a broad range of programs, initiatives and issues for a cost effective reliable maintenance service to the Offsite, Utilities, PAL and Refinery areas.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Plant Maintenance Manager will be required to provide multi-disciplinary routine, preventive, shutdown maintenance and project management services, environment, health and safety initiatives, contract management, spare parts management, and capital and operating budget management.
- Provide leadership to the all departments in achieving all health, safety and environmental objectives.
- Reduce plant downtime through optimization of equipment performance by providing a cost-effective maintenance service.
- Focus on reliability centred maintenance and provide root cause failure analysis for all electrical failures and implement strategies to prevent repeat events.
- Review, develop and implement maintenance strategies for DCS control system hardware in all operational areas
- Review, develop and implement maintenance strategies for instrumentation in all operational areas.
- Providing effective services that ensure that all plant areas are operating within approved budgets for maintenance costs through enhanced planning and job organization.
- Work with the Operations Managers in the preparation of the overall Maintenance budgets in a timely manner and manage within those budgets.
- Provide guidance and coaching to develop and maintain a motivated skilled workforce at all times with special attention to succession planning, skills development, technical upgrading, and interpersonal skills while providing feedback mechanisms such as performance management.
- Provide senior leadership to the Maintenance Management team to create a healthy working environment.
- An Engineering background with 10 years experience or an Electrical Plant Maintenance background with 10 years experience in Supervision of Maintenance teams and 5 years Management of Electrical Department.
- Knowledge and operation of managing a multi service organization and multi-client operation.
- Able to prepare budgets, forecasts, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of all safety aspects for electrical facilities in industrial facilities.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in problem solving, project implementation and continuous improvement.
- Experienced in contract administration and development.
- Extensive industrial maintenance experience along with reliability practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills: English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.