Goldcorp is currently searching for an experienced Process Manager to provide expertise and leadership in the development and management of the process plant.
Goldcorp is a leading gold producer focused on responsible mining practices with safe, low-cost production throughout the Americas. A portfolio of long-lived, high-quality assets positions the Company to deliver long-term value. A Canadian company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Goldcorp employs more than 15,000 people worldwide. Goldcorp's operating assets include four mines in Canada, one in Mexico, and one in South America. Goldcorp also has a strong pipeline of growth projects. The company is well-positioned to deliver sustained, industry leading growth and performance. Globe 24-7 has been selected to source the aforementioned position because of our expertise and market knowledge.
Reporting to the Mine General Manager, the primary responsibility of the Process Manager will be to plan and monitor strategic production processes, including various production activities including crushing, grinding, oxidation, precipitation, and smelting to obtain gold and silver. Furthermore, the successful candidate will ensure company objectives are being met in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Develop and promote a proactive safety culture.
- Set, communicate and monitor the objectives of Plant Maintenance Manager and Superintendents.
- Define guidelines to plan corrective and preventive maintenance programs
- Ensuring that good environmental, health and safety practices are in-place and demonstrating a strong commitment to maintain a high level of health, safety, and environmental standards
- Generate and implement improvements in production processes while preserving a safe production environment
- Set and propose the budget for process operations jointly with General Manager, Operations Manager, Mine Manager and Technical Service Management, considering the company's annual production plans
- Administer and monitor the budget for plant variable and overhead expenses and production costs
- Assess and review new mechanical-metallurgical designs and tests
- Plan and monitor the existence of training, development, and coaching needs with Plant Maintenance Manager and Superintendents
- B.Sc. degree in Metallurgical Engineering
- 10 + years in increasingly senior roles related to Process and operations management
- Advanced English and Spanish language skills
- Team management experience
- Strong negotiation and planning skills
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance practices acquired in similar or larger plants
- Experience with leading-edge technology and other innovative practices
- Experience working effectively in multicultural and multidiscipline environments
- Exceptional interpersonal, critical thinking, and decision-making skills to work with others to achieve planned objectives and one common goal
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document