Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting a Lead Engineer Process Monitoring who will be responsible for delivering effective process technical assistance, seeking and evaluating areas of possible improvement both in extractive metallurgy and process chemistry relating to plant and process equipment.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Lead Engineer Process Monitoring is responsible for optimizing the accuracy and timeliness of process data, along with continuous improvement in reliable delivery and interpretation of process data.
- Effective monitoring of process conditions is essential to reliable plant operations.
- As the Senior, providing specific technical knowledge to ensure and enhance quality of data delivered to plant operators and technical support personnel is
- Ability to provide a technical backup support in the areas of process control and process development.
- Sustaining and improving process data reliability combined with applied process expertise will ensure efficient plant operation.
- Post Graduate Degree in Metallurgy, Mineral Processing or Chemical Engineer.
- Metallurgist or Chemical Engineer with at least 10 years of experience in a metallurgical complex or refinery operation with strong experience in extractive metallurgy.
- Demonstrated track record of improving and de-bottlenecking process.
- Strong technical background in process chemistry.
- Prior experience in providing process support for the operation of a similar plant would be an asset.
- Knowledgeable in hydrometallurgical operations as well as project management, execution and budgeting.
- Strong analytical skills in process, measurements, data analysis and controls strategy.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills: English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
- Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft products and specialised packages.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.