We have an excellent opportunity for a bilingual English/Spanish Project Director with extensive experience managing greenfield underground mining projects.
Our client, a junior mining company undertaking exploration and development of mining properties is currently looking for a bilingual English/Spanish Project Director to lead all construction activities including pre construction, procurement, underground and above-ground construction and operational handover.
They have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source the aforementioned position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
In this Project Director position you will be directly reporting to the CEO and in charge of supervising all different areas of the project: Mine, Civil Infrastructure, Plant, etc.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Working within and continuing with the Company's strict health and safety ethos
- Developing and promoting the construction delivery strategy
- Responsibility for all project controls including cost management and schedule management
- Construction risk assessment and mitigation
- Team integration and coordination - particularly with the operations and administration teams.
- Definition of requirements and management of any out-sourced services
- Progress reporting at Board level
- Management of prime execution contractor
- Management and coordination of clients direct scope including direct supplied equipment
- Handover of completed facilities to the commissioning and operations team.
- Appropriate management, and stress analysis of, schedule, cost and quality.Participate in establishing production objectives and sharing them with the teams under your responsibility.
- Recognised leadership in Safety and Environmental Awareness
- Qualified Engineer, or similar
- Extensive experience managing greenfield underground mining projects, including: Mine, Civil Infrastructure, Plant, etc.
- At least 10 years senior level experience in a similar role
- Team Management skills
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Cost and Programme focussed
- Experience in the delivery of a major mine and/ or process engineering project or similar is essential.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is essential
The position offers a competitive remuneration package
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.