Reporting to Orezone's COO and working in parallel with the Project's General Manager, the Project Construction Manager ("CM") will be responsible for overall supervision of all construction activities by the EPCM Contractor to ensure that the Bomboré project is constructed to all applicable standards, on schedule and within budget. The CM will ensure that all work is executed in accordance with the Company's Environmental Health and Safety Standards, Mandates and Charters, and follows the Company's Corporate Social Responsibility Mandates and Charters. The CM will oversee the EPCM contractor, work with his EPCM team, and report on progress costs and scheduling to senior management. The CM will have a small owner's team of project administration and support to assist the CM in managing the EPCM Contractor throughout the project implementation process until final hand over to the operations team.
The Bomboré Gold Project is one of the largest undeveloped open pit gold deposit in Burkina Faso with excellent infrastructure, located approximately 85 kilometres by paved highway from the capital city, Ouagadougou. The project is currently undergoing an optimized, updated definitive feasibility study scheduled for completion in June 2018. The project is permitted and will advance rapidly toward construction with first gold pour targeted by the end of 2020.
The deposit hosts a Measured and Indicated mineral resource containing over 4.7 million ounces of gold, with gold recovered through a standard CIL circuit. The initial mine life will focus on the shallow free digging oxides which is underlain by a substantial sulphide resource. The project remains open to further exploration discoveries on the project's large and underexplored tenements.
The project is owned 90% by the Orezone Gold Corporation ("OGC", a publicly listed company on the TSX Venture Exchange) and 10% by the government of Burkina Faso. The directors and management of OGC have a proven track record of discovering, financing, constructing and operating mines in West Africa and abroad. OGC recently completed an equity private placement for CAD$44.92 million and is well-funded to carry out its business plan. For more information, please visit www.orezone.com.
- Responsible for managing and directing the EPCM contractor to meet the project goals and objectives;
- Maintains ongoing integration with the in-country operations team, in particular the General Manager;
- Provides ongoing monthly project reporting and associated information, and project reviews as required by management;
- Establishes project procedures consistent with contractual documents and the relevant Orezone HSE and CSR protocols for the work
- Coordinates directly with the EPCM representative to ensure project procedures are followed;
- Monitors and coordinates/communicates with EPCM contractor to ensure all discipline work follows project procedures;
- Ensures all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering and construction practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements;
- Ensures scope of work, schedule, and budget are clearly defined and understood by both the EPCM contractor, management and all project participants, including General Manager and COO;
- Determines, controls, and maintains overall project and discipline schedules and budgets;
- Tracks schedule and budget progress with project milestones, and takes all action necessary to keep project on track;
- Identifies and secures necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule;
- Maintains ongoing communication with COO, adjusting as necessary to comply with Company needs within contractual obligations, or adjusting project deliverables to meet all objectives;
- Represents Orezone at all contractors, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walkthroughs, project review, and other meetings and correspondences; and
- Ensure all contractors and sub-Contractors meet and maintain work to the Company's environmental, health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
- Fluent French and English language skills are essential;
- Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) in engineering;
- 15+ years' related experience and/or training, specifically in the mining/heavy civil type work;
- 5+ years' experience required in a Construction Management position;
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) certification is preferred; and
- Ability to work in a Fast-paced environment and interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified Construction Management workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
- Must be competent in use of computer software applications used by in mining construction projects or heavy industry for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
This role will be based at the project's mine site in Burkina Faso, situated 85 kilometers east adjacent to a paved highway from the capital city of Ouagadougou. Some travel may be required as needed.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class organization.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.