Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is currently recruiting a seasoned PAL Maintenance Superintendent to be responsible for directing a broad range of programs, initiatives and issues for a cost effective reliable maintenance service to the PAL area.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The successful applicant will be required to provide multi-disciplinary routine, preventive, shutdown maintenance and project management services, environment, health and safety initiatives, contract management, spare parts management, and capital and operating budget management.
- Safety First by ensuring compliance with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Policies and associated documentation.
- Provide leadership to the department in achieving all health, safety and environmental objectives.
- Reduce PAL downtime through optimization of equipment performance by providing a cost- effective maintenance service.
- Continually seeks to improve upon current methods to improve maintenance productivity.
- Responsibility to cascade accountability for operating within approved budgets for maintenance costs through enhanced planning and job organization.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager in the preparation of the overall Maintenance budgets in a timely manner and manage within those budgets.
- Provide leadership and coaching to develop and maintain a motivated skilled workforce at all times with special attention to succession planning, skills development, technical upgrading, and interpersonal skills while providing feedback mechanisms.
- Provide leadership to the Maintenance PAL team to create a healthy working environment.
- Related Engineering Degree, Mechanical Engineering degree desirable.
- 10 years Metalliferous / Chemical experience.
- Experience managing large budgets is essential.
- Prior experience in managing a large construction or maintenance organization in an integrated industrial setting.
- Strong technical background in equipment operation and familiarity with mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and maintenance best practices.
- Experience with high pressure leaching equipment such as autoclaves or digesters essential.
- Experience managing large teams is essential.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills: English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.