We have an excellent opportunity for a bilingual French/English Superintendent, Technical Services and Mining Operations with extensive open pit experience.
Our client, a multinational company in West Africa is currently looking for an experienced Superintendent, Technical Services and Mining Operations to lead the technical services teams in geology, engineering, geomatics and topography as well as mining operations in Burkina Faso.
They have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source the aforementioned position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
This position will ensure all the technical services and mining operations responsibilities are taken care of within the framework of developing a new mine, with a solid experience in mining (about 15 years) and as a manager (5 years), you will coordinate the activities of these teams to provide a quality product for your main customer, the processing plant. In collaboration with your teams, you will develop a mining strategy or plan (LOM) to optimize operational costs and promote health & safety at work, respect for the environment and organizational development.
- Coordinate the activities of the geology and mining engineering departments in order to meet the needs of open pit mining.
- Participate in establishing production objectives and sharing them with the teams under your responsibility.
- Develop and implement safe and productive work methods and practices that will maximize the profitability of the operation so as to achieve operational excellence.
- Coordinate mining operations to deliver the quantity and quality of ore required as per the mine and mill plans.
- Supervise the mining contractor's work to achieve objectives and optimize costs in order to ensure the longevity of the mine.
- Ensure that your teams adhere to environment, health and safety regulations as well as company policies, and promote them among all workers.
- Work with Human Resources to assist with workforce recruitment, employee career development plans, recognition programs, and discipline management.
- Align actions with annual objectives, in collaboration with plant, projects and surface services, and supply chain departments.
- Actively participate in budgeting activities; monitor and fully control the costs of mining operations.
- Conduct various analyzes with your teams to develop business cases for project justification and asset management (capital expenditures).
- Meet various objectives and monitor the performance indicators related to the operations.
- Lead and support employees in achieving professional development goals. Lead or participate in meetings with employees (health & safety, production, or other).
- Monitor mining activities continuously; produce required analyzes and report results to management.
- Participate in drafting various reports required for the monitoring of operations (weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Plan and supervise the work of contractors on the site. Approve invoices and authorize payments according to contractual agreements.
- Conduct performance appraisals for the staff under your responsibility.
- Rigorously manage risks and report to management any situation that may affect the safety and cost-effectiveness of operations, and suggest mitigation measures.
- Work with neighboring communities to promote corporate responsibility in the conduct of its operations.
- University degree in mining engineering.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in the field, preferably in open-pit mines, some of which as a Senior Engineer, Chief Engineer, Superintendent of Mining Operations or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, in English and French, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- With operational excellence in mind, be an agent of change and a leader who inspires his teams
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a rotational status.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.