Our client, Lihir Gold Limited is a publicly listed gold producer who operate one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea. Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines. The operation 900kms North-East of Port Moresby, Niolam Island (Lihir Island) provides long term employment opportunities with its prospective open pit gold mine. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position.
We are seeking a Planner within the Power and Utilities Department for a FIFO position within PNG. Reporting to the Senior Planner - O2 Plant, you will be required to provide optimised work packages for Maintenance and Operations teams as well as develop and maintain key maintenance data for effective maintenance delivery and performance of Lihir's Oxygen Processing Facility.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years industrial experience, including a minimum of 3 years of successful planning & scheduling experience.
- Exposure to Cryogenics Air Separation Plants or Petrochemical facilities, desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written & communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in SAP and MS Office suite.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training.
- Technical Diploma or Trades Certificate in Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance or similar, essential.
- Cert IV Maintenance Management, desirable.
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar, desirable.
- Must be a PNG National and open to work in country FIFO
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- Ability to provide/obtain police clearance (valid within the last 12 months)
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world's largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain exposure to cutting edge equipment and software systems enabling employees to further develop their skills, experience and careers. Enjoy a highly desirable 15:13 roster in a safe working environment. Lihir also offers a competitive remuneration package. Lihir also offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.