Engineering / Project Manager
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Base Resources Ltd, is working together to source an experienced and qualified Engineering Manager to join their Perth-based Project Development team currently implementing the newly acquired Toliara Sands Project in Madagascar. Base Resources is an African-focused mineral sands company with current operations in Kenya.
Reporting to the GM, Project Development the role will be responsible to:
- Serve as engineering functional leader for the Company's major projects
- Perform the role of area manager "processing plants" on the Toliara Sands project which project manages the pre-feasibility study, definitive feasibility study, detail design, construction and commissioning
- Plan, manage and oversee all engineering portions of studies and designs undertaken by in-house personnel and external consultants (Australia & internationally)
- Drive value adding initiatives and ensure "fit for purpose" processing plant design and delivery.
- Ensure quality control of all in-house and external engineering resources, undertaking checks, audits and reviews of works carried out
- Monitor overall project delivery including engineering costs, resources and schedule
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, consultants and contractors
- An experienced Projects-based Engineering Manager with at least 5 years' experience working in a similar role
- Minimum 10 years' relevant project experience in a mine processing environment in either an owner's representative and/or consulting role
- Engineering degree in mechanical or electrical discipline with good knowledge of both areas
- Experience working on large-scale international engineering projects (Africa-preferred)
- Proven record in safety, environmental and community performance and values;
- Process engineering background preferably in mineral sands will be a benefit;
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management including project controls, procurement, commercial and construction management
- Strong leadership qualities with a successful record in building strong and productive teams
- Enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment and successful track record managing diversified teams
- High degree of accountability and decision making to ensure project deliverables are achieved
- Australian citizen or ability to legally work in Australia
- Ability to travel at short notice in Australia and overseas
This role will ideally be Perth-based however Brisbane-based applicants can apply with a relocation to Perth on offer after six to twelve months. The role will include a competitive remuneration including both short term and long-term incentives commensurate with the seniority of the role and provides a great opportunity to be part of a growing mining company.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.