We offer a great opportunity for professionals specialized in lithium, to work in a first class company and supervising designs from plants in different countries.
The company is building a substantial Argentine based industrial chemicals company through its portfolio of lithium and boron assets.
The company recently announced it will increase the size of the Phase 2 expansion at their lithium plant in Argentina by 25,000 tonnes per annum (tpa). The Phase 2 of the expansion will add 25,000 tpa of lithium carbonate production capacity to 42,500 tpa (at full production and capacity) lithium carbonate for sale to industrial, technical and battery markets, positioning Orocobre as one of the world's largest and lowest cost lithium chemicals producers.
Additionally, Our client in partnership with another corporation are finalising plans to jointly develop a 10,000 tpa lithium hydroxide plant in Fukushima, Japan with expected operating costs of US$1,500/tonne.
This company is dual listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:ORE), the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:ORL) and is included in the S&P/ASX 200 Index.
The Corporate Chief Engineer will be responsible to oversee an extention plant in Olaroz (Argentina) and a start up plant in Fukushima (Japan)
- Supervising plant design in the different ongoing projects within the company. (Lithium Carbonate in Olaroz and Lithium Hydroxide in Japan), including coordination of and interface with designers and contractors for plant upgrades and trials.
- Developing procedures for plant operation, including compilation of technical information for plant design.
- Participating as a member of multidisciplinary plant design team.
- Developing/managing ongoing changes and improvements, including optimisation of processes and technologies to expand plant capabilities and capacity.
- Establishing an effective network of technical relationships at plant level, as well as with service providers and research and engineering organisations.
- Contributing to the body of knowledge required to advance plant and process technologies and capabilities.
- Encouraging performance excellence and facilitating corporate manufacturing/engineering initiatives as required.
- Support the junior staff involved in the engineering works.
- Travel when and where required up to 50% of the time.
- This position reports to the Chief Operating Office of Orocobre.
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, mainly in Lithium Hydroxide and Lithium Carbonate processes.
- Proven expertise in managing production budgets and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in meeting continuous improvement goals, making step change process improvements, managing innovation and expanding technical capability.
- A solid understanding of multidisciplinary project scope - inclusive of mechanical, piping, electrical, instrumentation, civil, structural and process, etc.
- Fluent in English/Spanish.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.