Globe 24-7, in partnership with Eagle Mine, is working to source experienced and qualified talent for their processing facilities in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. We are currently searching for an experienced Mill Site Manager who will be responsible for all activities associated with the process facilities, including maintenance and water services at both the mine and mill facilities. Reporting to the General Manager.
Eagle Mine, a subsidiary of Lundin Mining, is an underground, high-grade nickel and copper mine located in Western Marquette County of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It is the first mine to be permitted under Michigan's Part 632 Non Ferrous Mineral Mining Law. The mine is expected to produce 365 million pounds of nickel, and 295 million pounds of copper, and trace amounts of other minerals over its estimated eight year mine life.
- Manage and control all processing activity to achieve economic targets as planned for Eagle
- Responsible for safety of location employees, contactors, vendors, and visitors, as well as compliance with MSHA, and all other safety regulations, policies and procedures
- Control output quality and purity
- Ensure the appropriate management and organizational structure and procedures are in place to deliver optimum performance
- Ensure that best practices are always used regarding Health and Safety
- Ensure that the local community is engaged
- Ensure that the Eagle Mill operates in full compliance with all relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standards
- Allocate the adequate resources and develop procedures for the implementation of the HSEC MS
- Attending HSEC awareness training sessions
- Ensure that workplace hazards are identified and controls are implemented and maintained
- Participate in the development of action plans for implementing HSEC objectives and targets within their area of responsibility
- At least 15 years of experience in base metal processing
- At least 10 years of technical and operational leadership of base metal processing operations, preferably including flotation
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in Metallurgy, Minerals, or Chemical Engineering or related field is preferred
- An advocate for HSE
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Advanced knowledge of plant maintenance functions and requirements
- Detailed knowledge of operations budgeting and forecasting procedures
- Ability to work and live in the United States
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.