Ambatovy is one of the most ambitious industrial undertakings in the history of Madagascar, Africa, and the Indian Ocean Region. It will soon produce 60,000 tonnes of refined nickel and 5,600 tonnes of refined cobalt every year for the next three decades. Ambatovy is positioned to become the world's biggest lateritic nickel mine. Ambatovy's goal is to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Ambatovy is currently searching for an experienced Mine Security Operations Superintendent who will coordinate all security operations for Ambatovy Mine Site in support of the Ambatovy Security Manager and Security Management System
- You will organize, maintain and coordinate security for Ambatovy mine site, and associated off site facilities,
- You will establish and maintain security systems, including access control, technical security elements such as alarm systems, cameras, monitoring equipment and site specific security procedures in compliance with Ambatovy Security Management System,
- You will develop and maintain emergency response and contingency plans and programs related to the security and protection of people, processes, equipment, and company assets.
You will establish tactical information networks essential to site Security operations,
You will conduct Security Vulnerability and Risk Assessments and briefings as required.
- You will coordinate closely with Sustainability and Human Resources Managers regarding security conditions that impact communities and/or employees,
Maintains permanent coordination with site management and Contractors' Superintendents/ Managers regarding the Security system,
- You will develop and maintain the Mine Security Management Plan and understand the related budget,
- You will maintain communication with the Ambatovy Security Manager on all aspects of Operations.
Qualifications and Skills
- With a Secondary School completion and 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar position acquired in the Extractive Industry.
- You have proved your ability to manage a security service based on a community and government engagement strategy, your ability to engage with and build relationships with external stakeholders based on trust and rapport.
- You have a good Knowledge of and working experience with, Voluntary Principles of Human Rights,
- You have also a strong ability to analyse and utilise information within a threat and vulnerability focus
- Your Interpersonal skills will make you an excellent team player, your strong analytical & interpretation skills will help you in effective decision making & judgment.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3-week rotational status. Lodging is modern and secure with a pool, gym, etc. Accommodation is first class.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: