Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for a Plant Projects Superintendent who will be responsible for managing and delivering effective project execution support to the entire plant such to ensure projects deliverables are met safely, on time and within budget.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leads a team of Project Engineers, Coordinators and supervisors to successfully accomplish the plant project deliverables as will be detailed in the Project Framework
- Directing the integration of project activities throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Such to ensure the Engineering and procurement due diligence and deliverables are met in time for the field execution team to complete the construction activities on schedule.
- Ensures a thorough understanding of the client's needs through a close relationship with the Area Superintendents, managers or any other direct or indirect client to the Project
- Manage team workload effectively - ensure workload is well balanced and clearly understood across the teamManage expectations - ensure that clear and achievable timelines are provided to the subordinates and the clients
- Manages relationships effectively - partnerships with outside service providers are managed productively yielding strong synergies and successful outcomes
- Performance management - implements strong performance management tools to ensure individuals understand the deliverables and timelines they need to deliver
- Ensures a rigorous Management of Change Process is adhered to and that all changes are captured, approved and executed to Ambatovy standards
- Ensures that all documentation is maintained to support company policies, procedures and ISO 9001 requirements, and that all engineering documentation is appropriately filed and archived
- Ensure that all site and government safety, health and environmental procedures and standards are followed by engineering personnel and subcontractors.
- Maintain close collaboration with the HSE department to ensure all department workers are trained in safety and environment matters
- Provide mentorship, guidance and coaching, leading to the growth and development of department employees
- Responsible for the hiring, development and training of all department personnel to ensure that the department abilities and resources are maintained.
This list is not exhaustive and can be modified.
- A degree (or equivalent) in chemical, mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering, preference given to candidates with complementary training in management or project management
- Approximately 10 years of project management experience in complex chemical, hydrometallurgical projects
- Strong technical background in engineering and execution
- Experience in operations in developing countries is an asset
- Background in management of change and risk assessment
- Very strong project management experience
- A strong background in the supervision of technical personnel, project controls, quality control, budgets and cost control, and administration
- Strong leadership and communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement and a proven record of mentoring and development of personnel are essential
- Demonstrated track record of training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organisation
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in French will be a strong asset
- Strong relationship building and management skills.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.