Globe 24-7, in partnership with North American Palladium, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their precious metals processing facilities and mining operation in Northwestern Ontario. We are currently searching for an experienced Mill Superintendent to lead the operations team to maximize operational efficiency in the mill facility. Reporting to the Mill Manager.
North American Palladium (NAP) is a Canadian company and is currently the only pure play palladium producer in the world. Operating its Lac des Iles mine northwest of Thunder Bay, Ontario, for more than 20 years, NAP features a unique world class ore body with modern infrastructure, including both an underground and open pit mine. With an experienced senior management team and a supportive majority shareholder, NAP is well positioned to become a low-cost, long-term, sustainable palladium producer.
The Role/ Responsabilities
- Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating through Mill Supervisors, activities and operations of the Mill.
- Provision of technical direction to the Mill.
- Establish and implement daily schedules for mill personnel and equipment to fully optimize operational effectiveness through combined and coordinated efforts of mill and maintenance personnel to maintain planned production requirements.
- Develop and manage employees through personnel management.
- Ensure compliance of Company safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance of environmental regulations.
- Communicate efficiently with the Mill Manager to ensure that key performance targets are met.
- Plan, develop and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and ensure greater utilization of labour and materials.
- Promote, comply with, and demonstrate leadersip with respect to OH&S, Environmental and Community Relations Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree from a College or University with specialization in Metallurgy or Process Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of ten (10) years in a supervisory capacity in a mining and/or mill environment.
- Advanced knowledge of analytical and metallurgical laboratory operations.
- A thorough understanding of Envrionmental, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in computers utilizing software such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and other software, as required.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.