We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Head of contracts and procurement for a mining operation in West Africa.
Our client is an international minig company with operations in Africa and in Europe.
They have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source the aforementioned position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches
The Procurement & Contracts HOD directs and oversees the procurement function for the company and will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The incumbent will be in charge of performing strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable and certified suppliers. Key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Oversee and manage contracts with the contract owner
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Contractor compliance to contract conditions.
- Achievement of contractual performance
- Validation of invoice detail and correctness to contract pricing.
- Review and investigation of scope and price claims including recommendations.
- Identification of performance and cost initiatives, negotiate and agree, expedite and obtain performance.
- Implement and maintain effective contracts data storage and document management
- Maintain and publish management reports
- Develop appropriate procurement and contracting strategies
- Provides quality and timely procurement services to Operations.
- Participate in tender meetings and adjudication process to ensure pricing and conditions will result in effective contracting
- Review contracts, amendments and applications for scope and price change to ensure compliance to the required contractual deliverables.
- Participate in contract termination process to manage cost, performance, contractor close out and where applicable, contractor commencement.
- Compile and maintain a contract master file including contract scope, specification, cost structure, escalation, duties and responsibilities, safety requirements and compliance.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are aligned with the procurement and contracts plan and related objectives
- Provide guidance, coaching and technical assistance and support to team members
- Monitor and evaluate the team performance, identify areas requiring improvement and implement training and coaching measures to ensure employees receive sufficient training enabling them to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Promote and develop the skills of team members through the transfer of technology and skill development through on-the-job training programs
- Conduct formal career development discussions with employees and identify development opportunities and programs that assist with defining future career progression possibilities
- Review team skills and undertake appropriate succession planning and capability development.
- Formal tertiary qualification preferably in business Administration, supply chain management, logistics
- A minimum of 7 years related experience including purchasing, supply chain and contracts experience
- Proven experience in Procurement Management position with demonstrable value adds
- Ability to recognise opportunities and to implement processes to achieve reduction costs * Understanding of ERP/MRP essential
- Knowledge of Contract law and various terms and conditions
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good Financial Analysis Skills
- Sound judgment and analytical skills
- Excellent Computer literacy skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Advanced documentation skills with high attention to detail
- Professional proficiency in French and English essential
- Mining or heavy industry experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and build effective relationships and networks
- Multi-cultural environment experience and International exposure a plus
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class organization.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please send an updated copy of your CV, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.